Location, Location, Location...
...And what a wonderful location it is! The laid-back lifestyle of Central PA is one I've found to be unique in its stress-free environment. In addition to being voted one of the most livable areas in the country by Forbes Magazine, it is close enough to big city life to keep a feeling of isolation at bay, yet far enough removed to give you the relaxed country life feel.
Carlisle is ideally situated within a short drive from several major cities (Baltimore ~1.5hr, Washington DC & Philadelphia ~2hr, New York City & Pittsburg ~4hr). Just minutes away from the two major highways cutting across Pennsylvania (76 PA Turnpike going East/West and Route 81 going North/South) and walking distance to Dickinson College, Dickinson Law School, Army War College, & Central PA Youth Ballet.
While you have to see and experience Carlisle to truly understand what I mean, I've compiled a list of links that help solidify the picture of living in Central Pennsylvania. Check out Wikipedia or my Carlisle Residents Tips & Resources website for more information.
Please let me know if there are any links you feel may be useful in addition to those compiled below.
- Most Liveable - Harrisburg/Carlisle tops list of most livable communities
- CC Historical Society - Cumberland County history's home
- Dickinson College - An essential part of the Carlisle community and a gorgeous campus
- LoveCarlisle - Carlisle business and local events
- Visit HHC - Exploring Carlisle, Hershey, and Central PA
- The Sentinel - Your link to Cumerland County
- The Sentinel RE - Cumberland County Real Estate
- Carlisle Residents Tips & Resources - Just what it says
Come see me in Suite 108 at 36 S Pitt St, Carlisle PA 17013